Monday 13 March 2017

My Interview with Laverne Thompson


When did you first realize you wanted to become a Writer/author? 

I think it was just something I’ve always done and wanted to do. My first profession involved writing. In another life I used to be a lawyer. So story telling comes naturally. lol


Where do you get your ideas for your book? 

I get my ideas pretty much from anywhere. I just open all of my senses and something triggers my interest, be it a line from a song, a mood, the mist, or someone just crossing the street. Sometimes it comes from literature like my Greek gods series came from my love of myths. 

What kind of things do you enjoy when not writing? 

Reading, traveling, cooking and boxing.

How many books have you written? Which is your favorite? 

I’ve written over 37 books. My favorite, well I have 2 since I write under 2 names, Dragon’s Heart- The Story of the Brethren & The Ballerina & The Fighter.

Do you have any suggestions to help others who have a passion for writing?

 Keep writing. That’s the best advice I was ever given and I always pass it on.

What do you think makes a great story?

 It can be many things but when you have most of these elements for me it’s a great romance.  A plot, strong male and female characters, if flawed something that truly redeems them, an interesting storyline that takes the reader into another world. A story so compelling that you forget to put it down because you have to fix dinner. Lol 

Which Writer/Authors inspire you? 

Oh that can take up a couple of pages. I read and write in multiple genres and these writers I love for different reasons. These are a few seriously just a few an in no particular order: Robert Jordan, Octavia Butler, Julie Garwood, Jane Austin, John Ringo, Melanie Rawn, Sherilyn Kenyon and that’s not even the tip of the iceberg. lol

What are you working on at the moment?(optional) 

I’m working on a couple of things actually. One is a new series for a collaboration, After Midnight- City of Sin I’m working on edits, and When Dawn Comes the second book; Am also working on a rewrite for something published years ago as a short story. I’m turning into a novella adding about 20k words. Believe.

What genre are your books? 

Under LaVerne Thompson I write contemporary, fantasy, sci/fi romances. Under Ursula Sinclair I write new adult and romantic suspense.

What drew you to the genre you write? 

I write what I love to read. I have eclectic taste.

Which Actor/Actress would you like to see portraying the lead character from your most recent book?(any book you like)- Andrew Lincoln Samuel in Angel Rising Redemption. Long hair unshaven look. Oh yeah.

Do you write full-time or part-time?

- Full time

What is the hardest thing about writing?

 Finding the time to do it all when I really want to just write.

Any tips on how to get through the dreaded Writer’s block?

 Knock on wood. I’ve not experienced that. I think because I work on more than one story at a time and in different phases of their publication. Stops me from over thinking and getting stuck if I’m constantly moving. lol

Do you read much, and if so who are your favorite Authors or genres?

- I don’t read as much any more as I’d like to. But I do listen to books on audio. Love that. I can do that while I’m working out or doing chores. I love them all and historical romance is one of my favorites.

Is there anything else you would like to add that I haven’t included?

 I love hearing directly from readers what they like or didn’t like about my work. And thank you so much for the opportunity.

How can Readers discovery more about you and your work?

Sign up for her newsletter for sneak peeks and advance info on new releases as well as a few freebies to subscribers. http://bit.ly/1hA7C9W
http://lavernethompson.com
http://facebook.com/groups/lavernesnews
https://www.facebook.com/ursulasinclairauthor
http://twitter.com/lavernethompson  


Thank you very much for taking the time out of your busy schedule to take part in this interview 😊

No comments:

Post a Comment