Sunday 12 March 2017

My Interview with Author Shaw Montgomery


When did you first realize you wanted to become a Writer/author?

I’ve talked about becoming an author since I was in elementary school. In second grade I remember giving my teacher the first “chapter” of a book I’d written about kids who got kidnapped on the way home from school. Eventually my family just got tired of hearing me talk about “someday” and just said do it now. So I did. 

Where do you get your ideas for your book?

A dirty mind, I guess. I’m always thinking about why people do things and what makes people interested in more unique types of relationships. I’ve always thought it was fun to make up stories about the people I see on the street. For me, writing is just taking that to the next level. 

What kind of things do you enjoy when not writing?

I love reading and traveling. I love going places and seeing the world. 

How many books have you written? Which is your favorite?

I write under two different names. Shaw Montgomery and M.A. Innes as Shaw I write BDSM and femdom romance. As M.A. Innes I write taboo M/M romance. I’ve written several short series, a novel, and multiple novellas. I don’t think I have a favorite but the one that touched me the most when I wrote it was my most recent book, Too Close To Love. 

Do you have any suggestions to help others who have a passion for writing?

Just get started. Put something down on paper and you’ll surprise yourself with how it turns out.

What do you think makes a great story?

Characters that love each other no matter what. 

Which Writer/Authors inspire you?

Laurell K Hamilton is one of my favorite authors. I love how she takes her characters on journeys that change who they are. 

What are you working on at the moment?(optional)

I’m currently working on a new Age Play romance that should be out in June. It’s about two friends that are so much more than that but something has been keeping them from becoming lovers. It’s sweet and sexy, and Bryan is so shy that it’s fun to write. I also have a new Puppy Play book that will be out in April that is in editing right now. I’m really excited for people to read that one because it’s my longest book to date and you really get to know the characters. 

What genre are your books?

Different types of BDSM and taboo relationships. I love relationships with an element of power exchange in them.

What drew you to the genre you write?

I like kinky romance and for a long time I couldn’t find any where the characters were nice to each other and you really got to know them. So I decided to try and write some. 
Which Actor/Actress would you like to see portraying the lead character from your most recent

book?(any book you like)

Lol I can’t see any leading actors in Hollywood portraying my sexy guys. I’m not sure the Hollywood types would have the nerve. 

Do you write full-time or part-time?

I’ve recently moved from part-time to full-time. 

What is the hardest thing about writing?

I love the writing but editing is terrible. I drive my editors nuts with crazy errors that I just don’t notice until they point them out. I think I’d rather write a whole new book than edit anything.

Any tips on how to get through the dreaded Writer’s block?

I’ve never had it so I don’t know. Occasionally I’ll get overwhelmed with too much to do but I always have stories in my head. I had to take a few days off from writing a couple of weeks ago when I had a new release in the same week that I finished writing my Puppy Play book. I was a wreck. I always obsess over finishing a book and when a book first goes on sale. So to have both things happen in the same week was bad for me. I won’t do that again. 

Do you read much, and if so who are your favorite Authors or genres?

I love Amelita Rae and of course Laurell K Hamilton. I also love J.D. Robb and a ton of other authors. Most of what I read is M/m romance of some sort. 

Is there anything else you would like to add that I haven’t included?

How can Readers discovery more about you and your work?(please provide proper links)

I’m on Facebook a lot (too much some days lol) https://www.facebook.com/authorshawmontgomery
Readers can also join my newsletter
https://my.publishingspark.com/join/?show=239



Thank you very much for taking the time out of your busy schedule to take part in this interview 😊

No comments:

Post a Comment