Thursday 30 March 2017

My Interview with Author R.A. Pollard


When did you first realize you wanted to become a Writer/author?

I have always enjoyed roleplay -table top like vampire masquerade- Then I got into RP in online chat rooms and moved to RP on boards and finally FB. But on and off I have written books in between. 

Where do you get your ideas for your book?

The original idea for concept of the Seven Deadly Sins came from an Anime series called Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, there was a character called Greed who I loved but I didn’t think he really got a chance to grow. I felt the need to take him and reimagine him and from that came the idea for the 7 books, one for each Sin. 

What kind of things do you enjoy when not writing?

Not a lot to be honest, I work in the oil field so when I am not writing I tend to be working

How many books have you written? Which is your favorite?

3 so far, right now I think Wrath’s Patience (Book 3) is my favorite

Do you have any suggestions to help others who have a passion for writing?

Find something that inspires you and write from the heart and never let anyone tell you, you can’t do it.

What do you think makes a great story?

Heart, the story has to let the reader tag along on the journey

Which Writer/Authors inspire you?

Gena Showalter, Christnee Feehan, J.R. Ward 

What are you working on at the moment?(optional)

Lust’s Chastity (Book 4)

What genre are your books?

Adult Paranormal Romance

What drew you to the genre you write?

You can do so much with PNR, so many creatures and worlds to create and explore I love that

Which Actor/Actress would you like to see portraying the lead character from your most recent book?(any book you like)

Not sure who I could see playing Greed, never really thought about it. 

Do you write full-time or part-time?

Part-time, unfortunately 

What is the hardest thing about writing?

Finding the motivations when I work for two months straight on nights

Any tips on how to get through the dreaded Writer’s block?

I like to talk to my characters, yes I know. But sometimes it helps me, if I know what they want I just let them roll with it. 


Do you read much, and if so who are your favorite Authors or genres?

I used to, not so much any more. 
Gena Showalter, Christnee Feehan, J.R. Ward 

Is there anything else you would like to add that I haven’t included?

How can Readers discovery more about you and your work?(please provide proper links)

Http://rebeccapollard.com
https://www.facebook.com/RPAuthor
Amazon: http://amzn.to/2gGs9cL

Thank you very much for taking the time out of your busy schedule to take part in this interview 

No comments:

Post a Comment