Wednesday 22 March 2017

My Interview with Author Paulie Dee


When did you first realize you wanted to become a Writer/author?

Becoming a writer/author was by accident, it wasn’t something that I planned on doing, when I joined a poetry group, that is when I started writing poetry and enjoy every minute of it.

Where do you get your ideas for your book?

Pictures mostly, I enjoy giving pictures a story, there are also times when a word or feeling comes to mind so I write to that as well.

What kind of things do you enjoy when not writing?

Sleeping, is one thing I really enjoy, but reading and definitely hanging out with my son

How many books have you written? Which is your favorite?

I have written five poetry books, my favorite book, I must say is Bittersweet, my poetry has been my therapy, when I finish Bittersweet, I felt alive again, I truly felt the past is not behind me and now is time to look to the future

Do you have any suggestions to help others who have a passion for writing?

I’m giving the same one that is and has been given to me, keep writing, continue even when you don’t want to, one word at a time

What do you think makes a great story?

I’m just now leaping in the world of story writing and I must say the plot and characters make the story, if you have a great story and great characters, you are good to go.

Which Writer/Authors inspire you?

I always enjoyed a Jackie Collins books and now I have different authors that inspire me one way or another.

What are you working on at the moment?(optional)

At the moment, I am working on two short stories, as I said previously, I’m leaping in the world of noveling writing and I will say, it has been challenge, but looking forward to achieve (I hope)

What genre are your books?

Poetry for the time being

What drew you to the genre you write?

The genre came to me, I was surprised when the words came to me and I was able to write to a picture, give it life.

Which Actor/Actress would you like to see portraying the lead character from your most recent book?(any book you like)

I’m currently writing two short stories, one short story is about a forensic accountant and a hacker, but there are some twist to it and when I see Keanu Reeves and Eva Mendes as my characters.

Do you write full-time or part-time?

Part time
What is the hardest thing about writing?

Getting the words on paper, getting the thoughts organized and typed

Any tips on how to get through the dreaded Writer’s block?

Honestly, all I can say is rest it out and continue after a few days, I have even stopped and written something else, such as my poetry  

Do you read much, and if so who are your favorite Authors or genres?

I enjoy romance, erotica, romance comedy and other poetry, I enjoy reading Indie authors.

Is there anything else you would like to add that I haven’t included?

For the readers out there, the best way to support Indie Authors is by reviews.



How can Readers discover more about you and your work?(please provide proper links)

Blog: pauliedee04.wordpress.com       


Thank you very much for taking the time out of your busy schedule to take part in this interview

No comments:

Post a Comment