Thursday 9 March 2017

My Interview with Author Nik Angela



  1. When did you first realize you wanted to become a Writer/author?
I’ve always been a writer. I remember having tons of little notebooks filled with stories as far back as elementary school. But it was only in the last year that I have truly committed myself to being a published author.

  1. Where do you get your ideas for your book?
I swear it is the strangest thing. I get my ideas from all over. From paintings, dreams, pictures...it just hits me out of nowhere and eventually the characters introduce themselves to me.

  1. What kind of things do you enjoy when not writing?
I love spending time with my family and my dog. Traveling, eating, and enjoying life! 
  1. How many books have you written? Which is your favorite?
I’ve written four...three of which are available on Amazon as the “In Dreams” trilogy. The other is a hopefully soon to come historical romance. It is so hard to choose a favorite, but “In Dreams” has a love story that I want the world to love as much as I do!

  1. Do you have any suggestions to help others who have a passion for writing?
WRITE! Every day. No matter if it is 20 words or 2,000 that come out. Writing is a craft like any other and you continually have to practice to do it well. Also, the best writers are voracious readers. Read anything. I absolutely love doing research for my stories.

  1. What do you think makes a great story?
Great characters make great stories. Make your characters real. Give them real obstacles to challenge them, something that makes you want to root for them. And sweat the details! Do research, especially when writing period pieces. Nothing sucks me out of a story faster than dialogue that doesn’t fit!

  1. Which Writer/Authors inspire you?
I am obsessed with the greats. Classic romance authors like Jane Austen, and my idol is Tolkien. But the writers who inspire me are ones that have pushed me and helped me grow. Wynter S.K has been a wonderful friend and writer pal. (Her works are amazing.)

  1. What are you working on at the moment?(optional)
So excited to say this! I’m working on a historical romance set in the Great Depression. A woman on the run from her broken past meets a small town bootlegger who wants to be left alone...I can’t wait for people to meet these two!

  1. What genre are your books?
I’m a romance author. I say it proudly! My inspiration can vary, however I can always promise you characters that you’ll never forget.

  1. What drew you to the genre you write?
Hmm. Well, I love a good hot romance novel. One where the heat between the characters makes you keep turning the page!

  1. Which Actor/Actress would you like to see portraying the lead character from your most recent book?(any book you like)
My “In Dreams” fantasy cast in my head: Holden is Tom Hardy all the way. Suzanne, Jennifer Connelly. David, Henry Cavil. Jacqueline, Philippine Martinot. Christoph, Alexander Skarsgaard. Nita, Frida Pinto...and Richard, Michael Fassbender. (I’m completely not over budget here…)

  1. Do you write full-time or part-time?
Well I have a “day job” unfortunately, but I write every day and all weekend...so it’s pretty full time! But my dream of course is to make a living through writing alone.

  1. What is the hardest thing about writing?
The anxiety of letting your creation out into the world. It is terrifying pouring your heart into something and then sharing it...writing is intensely personal.

  1. Any tips on how to get through the dreaded Writer’s block?
Don’t force it. If you can’t write, pick up a book, watch a movie, go to a museum. Get that inspiration back!

  1. Do you read much, and if so who are your favorite Authors or genres?
I read anything and everything. I am crazy about Wynter S.K...seriously go check out her stuff!

  1. Is there anything else you would like to add that I haven’t included?
Just that if you trust me to tell you a good story, I pinky swear that you won’t be sorry :)

  1. How can Readers discover more about you and your work?(please provide proper links)

No comments:

Post a Comment