Saturday 25 March 2017

My Interview with Author Natasha Knight


When did you first realize you wanted to become a Writer/author?

Well, I was always a reader and the idea of being a writer was one of those ‘How cool would that be’ sort of WAAAAY out there non-realities for a lot of my life. It only became a reality for me about four years ago – a reality as in I could actually write and earn money doing it. 

Where do you get your ideas for your books?

Everywhere. It can be one word someone says, or meeting a friend of a friend, and that meeting having no significance at the time. But then something they said comes back to me and sparks a thought that leads maybe to one line or maybe to a whole story. It can be a quote I fall in love with, or just something sexy I want to write about because it is pure fantasy and not reality. 

What kind of things do you enjoy when not writing?

Yoga, cooking, baking and hanging out with my family. 

How many books have you written? Which is your favorite?

I just had to do a quick count. 24 it looks like! Favorite? That’s like choosing my favorite child. I love the work I’ve done as an Indie, which is darker than what I used to write, but I also needed to write those earlier works to get to where I am now. 

Do you have any suggestions to help others who have a passion for writing?

Yes. Write. Sit down and write. You can read about it, study it, think up all sorts of ideas of what you WANT to be become, but ultimately, it comes down to doing the work so sit down and write and let it come as it comes.

What do you think makes a great story?

Passion. I don’t mean erotic passion (although that’s nice), I mean taking an idea or a quote or something you’re passionate about, something that really makes you think and feel, and developing it and giving it to characters you create and seeing what happens. 

Which Writer/Authors inspire you?

There are many so I’ll just tell you the one who really inspired me enough to actually start writing. I LOVE the Twilight series. I really started writing after reading those and finding Edward’s half written story. It made me sad and I decided I’d finish it myself because I wanted it. I never did finish it because I started to write about all these other ideas I realized I could explore. 

What are you working on at the moment?

I’m working on Damon and Lina’s story – the follow up to Dishonorable. 

What genre are your books?

Dark romantic suspense.

What drew you to the genre you write?

I am not sure, actually. I just like it. Maybe it’s the heroes I get to explore because it’s always them I see first before I start writing. 


Do you write full-time or part-time?

I was about to guess, but then I did some math and technically, I write part time. I pretty  much use the hours I have when my kids are at school. Weekends are reserved for family and evenings I like to have a drink and kick back! 

What is the hardest thing about writing?

For me, I am not a plotter and sometimes wish I were. I worry that I will write myself into a corner and will have to discard a story I love. 

Any tips on how to get through the dreaded Writer’s block?

I don’t know, actually. I know when I’m feeling stuck, I have to walk away from my computer and get outside. Exercise. Go for a walk, or somewhere new and explore. Just get away from your computer for a bit and be okay about it. I think obsessing about being stuck only gets you more stuck.

Do you read much, and if so who are your favorite Authors or genres?

Yes, all the time. I do a lot of audio too. I don’t read much romance anymore, oddly. I just finished The Handmaid’s Tale and am re-reading The Master and Margarita. I just finished Where’d You Go, Bernadette which I LOVED. Caroline Kepnes (wrote You and Hidden Bodies) is a one click for me. Too many to name!


How can Readers discovery more about you and your work?(please provide proper links)
Here are some links: 

www.Natasha-Knight.com
https://www.amazon.com/Natasha-Knight/e/B009MIHIFG/ref=sr_tc_2_0?qid=1415633296&sr=8-2-ent
https://www.facebook.com/natashaknightauthor/




Thank you very much for taking the time out of your busy schedule to take part in this interview. 

Thank you for having me!

No comments:

Post a Comment