Monday 13 March 2017

My Interview with Author Jennifer Miller


When did you first realize you wanted to become a Writer/author?

 Honestly, after I finished my first book. I tell everyone, I finally figured out what I wanted to do when I grow up. Of course, I'm already 43. So they think that’s quite funny.

Where do you get your ideas for your book?

 My husband Rick. He is the whole reason I'm writing today. He had a dream about a young girl being trapped in a lake, with magic surrounding her. The next morning we were running around when he stopped at a local Office Max. I was of course completely lost as of why we were there. He goes into the notebook section and finds the biggest one there and he said you’re going to need this. The Water Skippers were born, after that conversation.

What kind of things do you enjoy when not writing?

 I love flowers, the more the merrier. I currently have 18 flower beds and they keep me crazy busy in the spring and summer months. But I will say, reading is my favorite thing in the whole world. I go into Jenniferville and the rest of the world fades away.

How many books have you written? Which is your favorite?

 I have written three. My favorite book is the one I'm writing right now.

Do you have any suggestions to help others who have a passion for writing?

 Stay true to yourself. It’s ok not to fit into everyone else’s box. You will need thick skin because this rollercoaster ride can get real bumpy.

What do you think makes a great story?

 Love, love, and more love. It’s the little things in a book that make it great.

Which Writer/Authors inspire you? 

Wow, well I have two that see me through the constant ups and downs. Joann Herley is my rock. She is always there pushing me to do better, and she is never too busy to teach me how. If she doesn’t know, she will figure it out. I really count on her. Then there is Sandra R Neeley she is my little hit of acid right when I need it. She is funny and so supportive. We all three do our best to help each other, with promotions, and events, it’s just nice to have someone to talk too. I’m so lucky to have them by my side.

What are you working on at the moment?

 Earth Shadow Garrett.

What genre are your books?

 Fairytale, mystery, romance, murder, western, time travel, paranormal, ghost. I can’t put any of my books in just one category.

What drew you to the genre you write?

 I’m a sucker for the guy getting the girl in the end. So it has to be Romance for me.But I don’t want to read anything real. Let’s stay with the Vamps and all of the paranormal world.

Which Actor/Actress would you like to see portraying the lead character from your most recent book? (any book you like)

 Scott Eastwood (Kyle) Carrie Underwood (Eden). Sarah Michelle Gellar (Ginger) Liam Hemsworth (Ricky) Julian Moore (Nora) Sam Elliot (Roman).

Do you write full-time or part-time?

 When I can. I have a full-time job at a factory where I'm a Brazer. I have a boy job through the day.

What is the hardest thing about writing?

 The constant criticizing. Every time I think I did great. Someone says you suck.  

Any tips on how to get through the dreaded Writer’s block?

 Have friends to talk the scenes out with.

Do you read much, and if so who are your favorite Authors or genres?

 I read a book every two days or quicker. Favorite authors. Donna Grant, Rebecca Zanetti, Gena Showalter,,G A Aiken.

Is there anything else you would like to add that I haven’t included?

 If you have a dream go for it. We only have one chance, so fill your pages as full as possible of dreams and memories. Also, I want to thank all of my readers. You guys are the reason I’m still on this rollercoaster.

How can Readers discover more about you and your work?(please provide proper links)

 I'm only on Amazon. Http://amazon.com/Author/jjm5325903

Thank you very much for taking the time out of your busy schedule to take part in this interview 😊

No comments:

Post a Comment