Thursday 16 March 2017

My Interview with Author Eve Langlais


When did you first realize you wanted to become a Writer/author?

I used to love writing as a teen, then real life hit and I forgot that pleasure until my thirties. It took a really bad book hitting the wall, and a dare from my husband to do better for me to finally sit down and write.

Where do you get your ideas for your book?

Anything and everything inspires me. It doesn’t take much for me to get a story idea.

What kind of things do you enjoy when not writing?

I love watching paranormal based television shows (Emerald City, Grimm, and Legion are current favourites), reading and my newest passion is playing Pit People with my kids on Xbox.

How many books have you written? Which is your favorite?

This is embarrassing to admit, but I’m not sure how many books I’ve written at this point. I lost count after 80. As to favourites, I can’t choose! That would be like favouring one kid over another. 

Do you have any suggestions to help others who have a passion for writing?

Write. It’s as simple as that. Sit down and write the story in your head. Let your voice shine through.
What do you think makes a great story?

A great story had to suck you in and not let go. The kind that has a reader saying, just one more chapter. 

Which Writer/Authors inspire you?

Lol, I don’t know if they inspire so much as I admire their crafting. Darynda Jones and Ilona Andrews and probably two of my all time favourites. They are the ones that make me say one more chapter.

What are you working on at the moment?(optional)

I am working on a few series at once lol. On the to-do list for the next 6 months is, 2 more Bad Boy books, a secret project one, the second Hell’s Son book and the next Lioness book.

What genre are your books?

I write in a few genres, paranormal romance being my most prolific. I also do science fiction romance, contemporary romance, and space opera.

What drew you to the genre you write?

I am fascinated by the world I think might hide beneath our mundane one.

Which Actor/Actress would you like to see portraying the lead character from your most recent book?(any book you like) 

Ryan Reynolds can play any hero he likes!


Do you write full-time or part-time?

Full time. My ass is in my chair Monday to Friday for writing, 7 days a week for all the other things surrounding writing.

What is the hardest thing about writing?

Marketing. I hate it. I wish I could just write and have the books magically find readers.

Any tips on how to get through the dreaded Writer’s block?

Um, I don’t have that problem. I write. Some days the words are shit. Some days they aren’t. If they’re shit I fix them, lol.

Do you read much, and if so who are your favorite Authors or genres?

Love urban fantasy. Darynda Jones and Ilona Andrews top that list.

Is there anything else you would like to add that I haven’t included?

I am terrified of spiders, don’t like to share chips and can’t wait to see the new Guardians of the Galaxy movie.

How can Readers discovery more about you and your work?(please provide proper links)

Author website: http://evelanglais.com 
Author Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/eve.langlais.98 
Author Twitter: @evelanglais 
Mailing List: http://evelanglais.com/newrelease 

1 comment: