Friday 10 March 2017

My Interview with Author Elizabeth St John


1.            When did you first realize you wanted to become a Writer/author?

ES: It was truly unexpected. I never thought writing was something I would ever do. As a child, I always had a wide imagination. My bestie at the time even had me make up bedtime stories for her whenever she would spend the night. She would beg ‘please tell me a story’. I didn’t begin writing until my mother became ill. Writing became a place for me to escape from reality. When she found out that I was writing my first book, she told me to finish it. Now, I find that I haven’t been able to stop writing and it truly is my calling.

2.            Where do you get your ideas for your book?

ES: Most of my ideas come to me while pondering over a fresh cup of coffee and allowing my mind to wonder. Reading helps a lot with sparking my own ideas and twists.

3.            What kind of things do you enjoy when not writing?

ES: Spending time with my family is #1, but I also enjoy reading as well as doing things outside. I also have a green thumb for gardening.

4.            How many books have you written? Which is your favorite?

ES: I have produced eleven (11) standalone works and five (5) co-authored works under the name E.A.Romance. I still have several that I haven’t even published yet. Soon very soon.

5.            Do you have any suggestions to help others who have a passion for writing?

ES: Honestly, just write. If you want to write a book, poetry, and even music, I say just sit down and write. It doesn’t matter what it is. It doesn’t matter if there are typos or your grammar isn’t up to snuff. (That’s what edits are for) Just write and keep writing. Never give up!

6.            What do you think makes a great story?

ES: I think everyone has their own style of writing and everyone has a preference. A good story is what the reader takes away from it. If the reader was entertained and enjoyed the story, doesn’t that fall under a good story to that particular reader?

7.            Which Writer/Authors inspire you?

ES: Oh, goodness. There are so many that I enjoy. Anne Rice is a HUGE inspiration for me. She has a beautiful mind which I can’t even come close to. I would love to meet her one day and talk vampires. A passion we both share.

8.            What are you working on at the moment?(optional)

ES: I’m actually working on a few stories. No spoilers! Sorry. (WINK)

9.            What genre are your books?

ES: I have a couple Romance reads but most of my work is Paranormal Erotica/Romance.

10.          What drew you to the genre you write?

ES: I have a RED-HOT passion for vampires. There is something elegant and romantic about living forever. The thought fascinates me. I don’t think I will ever get enough.

11.          Which Actor/Actress would you like to see portraying the lead character from your most recent book?(any book you like)

ES: I have never really thought about it before to be honest. If that were to happen, I would probably be ecstatic either way, no matter who it was.

12.          Do you write full-time or part-time?

ES: Thanks to my husband, I have been able to write and focus on my work full-time for 10 plus years now. I have to say, I have enjoyed every moment of it.

13.          What is the hardest thing about writing?

ES: For me, it is the focus required. Most days, I will put on my music and just work. Others, I will get distracted by the TV (background noise), my family, and even social media can capture my attention. Writing is the easy part.

14.          Any tips on how to get through the dreaded Writer’s block?

ES: Reading help a lot with writers block. It gets the creative juices flowing again.

15.          Do you read much, and if so who are your favorite Authors or genres?

ES: I do read but not enough. My favorite is Anne Rice. My go to book is The Vampire Chronicles.

16.          Is there anything else you would like to add that I haven’t included?

ES: I believe we have covered everything. I would just like to encourage readers to always review books they have read. Reviews are very important in helping authors, especially Indie-authors in allowing other readers to find them. Read and Review is always appreciated.

17.          How can Readers discovery more about you and your work?(please provide proper links)

ES: I can be found on most social sites. (My links are below)
Website: http://okiechik24.wixsite.com/litetaryes  ß(If you subscribe to my mailing list, you will get a FREE ebook. Just follow the steps and it will be provided in your email.)

Thank you very much for taking the time out of your busy schedule to take part in this interview.

ES: Thank you so much for having me. I enjoyed it very much. ~Happy Reading~

No comments:

Post a Comment