Tuesday 14 March 2017

My Interview with Author Cd Gorri


When did you first realize you wanted to become a Writer/author?

I’ve always wanted to write. I don’t think I’ve ever wanted to do anything else. Every other job I’ve had is just passing the time.

Where do you get your ideas for your book?

I love to read and I’ve a great interest in all things supernatural and paranormal so naturally I chose that genre to write in. I do play around with subgenres, but my ideas all stem from my first book, Wolf Moon, and its heroine Grazi. She is the voice in my head. 

What kind of things do you enjoy when not writing?

Family is the most important thing to me. I enjoy being with ym husband and children just about anywhere. As for hobbies, I read, I watch TV, I love taking walks, and cooking. I try to garden, but I’ve got a decidedly brown thumb, not for lack of trying. ;-)

How many books have you written? Which is your favorite?

I’ve written ten books and am on the eleventh and twelfth as I write this interview. I don’t know that I have a favorite, it would sort of be like picking a favorite child. 

Do you have any suggestions to help others who have a passion for writing?

The best advice I’d ever been given is simply to write. There is no other way around it.
What do you think makes a great story?

I think a great story can be found anywhere, in anything, as long as you are passionate about it. I personally enjoy stories that involve a bit of uncertainty in the main characters and growth. It makes them more accessible to me. After all, no one is perfect, not even on paper (or the screen if you are like me and use an ereader).

Which Writer/Authors inspire you?

I have so many favorite authors it is impossible to narrow them down, right now I’ve been reading a lot of JK Rowling, George RR Martin, Stephen King, JR Rain, Patricia Briggs, JR Ward, and some indies I’ve met along the way. 

What are you working on at the moment?(optional)

I am working on book 3 in my paranormal romance series, the Macconwood Pack Series. The name of the book is Code Wolf and it is about a Werewolf, Randall Graves, and his bumpy road to true love while on a forced vacation in Bloody Point, South Carolina. I am particularly fond of Randall as a Werewolf and software genius because he is such a complex character. For all of his intelligence, he is unsure of his worth and it will take a special woman to make him see it. Tulla Nirvelli is the heroine of the tale, she runs a small B&B on Bloody Point with her seven-year old son. They have a spark, an electricity that he’s never experienced before. I’d tell you more, but I don’t want to give it away…

What genre are your books?

I write paranormal fiction, young adult, new adult, urban, and paranormal romance.
What drew you to the genre you write?

It is what I like to read so naturally I am drawn to write it as well. There is just so much you can do with the unknown. I am the sky is literally the limit.

Which Actor/Actress would you like to see portraying the lead character from your most recent book?(any book you like)

I’ve only done this with one character, that is really pictured him as an actor. In my YA series, the Angela Tanner Files, there is a character, Jody Nieves. He is tall, dark, and handsome, a Guardian of magic and magical beings, he helps the young witch clear her father’s name and discover more about her powers in the books Casting Magic and Keeping Magic. I always picture him as Kit Harrington, AKA Jon Snow in Game of Thrones. Jody is an obscure nickname for Jon, and Nieves is Spanish for snow. 

Do you write full-time or part-time?

I write, research, and promote as often as possible, I definitely consider it to be a full time job. But I also have three children and am a full time mom.

What is the hardest thing about writing?

Finding the time of course. Life has a tendency to get in the way which is why I most often write between the hours of three and six AM.

Any tips on how to get through the dreaded Writer’s block?

Never happened to me so I am not really sure. I have so many ideas all the time, my brain is constantly working out plots and plans. It’s the time needed to write them all down that is in short supply. Anyone know if we can somehow make the days longer? LOL

Do you read much, and if so who are your favorite Authors or genres?

All the time. I usually have two or three books going at a time. I just finished a Charlaine Harris story that I loved, Dancers in the Dark.

Is there anything else you would like to add that I haven’t included?

Here is an excerpt of Wolf Moon, that is currently avaialble perma free where ebooks are sold (myBook.to/wolfmoon

http://www.amazon.com/Wolf-Moon-Grazi-Kelly-Novel-ebook/dp/B00IS0WW5A/


http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/wolf-moon-c-d-gorri/1118861215?ean=2940045730709


https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/413432


https://itunes.apple.com/us/book/wolf-moon-a-grazi-kelly-novel/id830989002?mt=11)

Wolf Moon excerpt:
“Old habits die hard I guess because despite being a wolf at the time I made my way over to the Church. Since I was a little girl any time I had a problem Nonna would take me to Church and tell me to pray for the answers. I would too, you know, do my praying or mental texting to God, or the Angels or Saints, or my parents. To whoever was best suited to answer my questions I guess. This time I knew exactly who I needed to talk to and it wasn’t with prayer. The heavy wooden door that led inside the Church was propped open with an old brick. I could hear the cleaning crew working away scrubbing the old marble floors. A radio played classical music softly in the background. I made my way inside, careful not to make a noise. He was close. I could smell him. I headed down the corridor to the adjoining Rectory. That door was propped open also. I walked down the carpeted stairs to where the scent got stronger. This was it, his door.
I scratched at the old oak door with my large front paw. The sensation was strange, but I was getting used to it. The door opened and Ronan dropped the bottle of water he was holding. He wore a pair of pajama bottoms and a white tank top. Music blasted from a set of headphones still wrapped around his neck.
“Oh, shite! Maria, get in here!” Ronan pushed the door open wide for me then quickly shut and locked it. He was careful not to look me in the eyes. Good move on his part because I was not feeling too gracious. He took off his headphones and mp3 player and set them on his desk. I growled at him and he bent almost in half as if he were bowing to me.
“Okay, okay. Look, I’m sorry. Sean told me you heard. It’s not what you’re thinking though.” I growled again, this time he fell to his knees and bowed his head. “Alright, look, Maria, I cannot talk if you force me to bend down like this. Please, I’m sorry. Let me up.” Confused I stopped my growling. He sagged into a more comfortable sitting position almost immediately. His head was still cocked at a submissive angle and his eyes were on the floor. He was frustrated and nervous, I could tell by the set of his shoulders and by the scent coming off of him. Yeah, I can smell emotions. I’m such a weirdo…”




How can Readers discovery more about you and your work?(please provide proper links)

http://www.cdgorri.com
https://www.facebook.com/Cdgorribooks
https://twitter.com/cgor22
http://www.amazon.com/-/e/B00IS7820W
https://www.smashwords.com/books/byseries/12392
https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/7899700.C_D_Gorri
http://www.readersintheknow.com/author_profile/1992/C.D._Gorri
https://instagram.com/cdgorri/
http://cdgorri.tumblr.com/
https://plus.google.com/+CDGorribooks/posts
https://www.pinterest.com/cdgorri/


Thank you very much for taking the time out of your busy schedule to take part in this interview 

No comments:

Post a Comment