Friday 24 March 2017

My Interview with Author Carrie Pulkinen


When did you first realize you wanted to become a Writer/author?

I was well into adulthood before I decided to give writing fiction a shot. I’ve always been a daydreamer, telling myself stories in my head whenever I’m bored. I thought everyone did this, but apparently they don’t. So one day, I decided to try and write down one of my daydreams. I never thought I’d be able to turn it into a novel, but a few months later, Reawakened was born! I had so much fun writing it, I decided to do another. Then another.

Where do you get your ideas for your book?

My ideas come from all over the place. Everyday life, television, playing the “What-If” game in my mind. One of my works-in-progress stemmed from a sign on the door of a bar in New Orleans. Anything is fair game for story ideas for me.

What kind of things do you enjoy when not writing?

I love going to the movies, exercising, watching ghost hunting shows (and even doing a little ghost hunting myself).

How many books have you written? Which is your favorite?

I’ve written six full-length novels so far. Two of them are currently published, and I’m about to publish the third. I also have a published novella. My favorite seems to be whichever one I’m working on at the time!

Do you have any suggestions to help others who have a passion for writing?

Write every day, and don’t worry about how your first draft sounds, because it will inevitably be bad. And that’s okay. First drafts don’t have to be good; they just have to be done.

What do you think makes a great story?

For me, it’s the characters. I have to be able to identify with or at least have sympathy for the characters in order to care about what’s happening to them. 

Which Writer/Authors inspire you?

Anyone who can write a book and send it out into the world for others to enjoy is an inspiration to me. Some of my favorite authors to read include Heather Graham, Lara Adrian, Sherrilyn Kenyon, and Dean Koontz.

What are you working on at the moment?(optional)

I am polishing up a novel called To Catch a Spirit, which I hope to have published by the end of May.

What genre are your books?

Paranormal Romance

What drew you to the genre you write?

I grew up next door to a cemetery, so the paranormal has always fascinated me. And I love a happy ending, so it made sense to combine the two and write paranormal romance.

Which Actor/Actress would you like to see portraying the lead character from your most recent book?(any book you like)

I can picture Kaley Cuoco playing Allison in To Catch a Spirit.

Do you write full-time or part-time?
Full-time

What is the hardest thing about writing?

Everything! Ha ha. It’s definitely not the career to get into if you like easy. Sometimes it’s hard to stay motivated. There are days when I don’t want to write at all. And sometimes I don’t. Sometimes I just need a break.

Any tips on how to get through the dreaded Writer’s block?

For me, I work on something else if I’m stuck. Maybe brainstorm ideas for another book, write a blog post, write a different scene. And sometimes I just have to get up and walk away. A few hours away from my computer usually helps when the block is really bad.

Do you read much, and if so who are your favorite Authors or genres?

I don’t read nearly as much as I should. But when I do, I love paranormal romance, romantic suspense, mysteries, and thrillers.

Is there anything else you would like to add that I haven’t included?
no

How can Readers discovery more about you and your work?(please provide proper links)

Website: http://www.CarriePulkinen.com
Amazon: http://amazon.com/author/carriepulkinen
Twitter: http://twitter.com/CarriePulkinen
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/CarriePulkinen
Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/4569077.Carrie_Pulkinen



Thank you very much for taking the time out of your busy schedule to take part in this interview 😊

No comments:

Post a Comment