Saturday 18 March 2017

My Interview with Author Bridget Blackwood


When did you first realize you wanted to become a writer/author?

A: I was in fifth grade the first time I thought about becoming a writer. My teacher had all her students submit stories for a district wide anthology. My submission didn’t get in, but the panel suggested I send it to magazines. 

Where do you get your ideas for your book?

A crazy imagination. Several plots are forming in my head every minute. Most of them are discarded for their lunacy. 

What kind of things do you enjoy when not writing?

Movies, books, food, and friends!

How many books have you written? Which is your favorite?

I’ve completed four. A Scarlet Fury is my favorite book. I left a piece of my soul in the pages with Mads and Cleary.

Do you have any suggestions to help others who have a passion for writing?

Write the book you want to read. No matter how many people you try to please, some are going to rip your work to shreds. I think the best approach is to ensure you’ve written the book YOU wanted to. 

What do you think makes a great story?

The emotions you draw out of the reader. Did you make them happy, sad, or mad? Were they laughing, screaming, or crying? Was that gasp in shock or horror? I love hearing how reading felt.

Which Writer/Authors inspire you?

The writing community is rich. Best-sellers, small pub, indies, fanfic, etc. It’s true, there is a writer for every reader. Truthfully, I can’t pick out a specific one I am drawn to. I’m inspired by the writers who are kind to other writers and joyful with readers. 

What are you working on at the moment?(optional)

Breath – Contemporary/ new adult
Torn from the Sea – paranormal romance collaboration with Astrid Tallaksen
Made of Stone – World in Shadows #5

What genre are your books?

Paranormal romance mostly.

What drew you to the genre you write?

I could combine romance and horror.

Which Actor/Actress would you like to see portraying the lead character from your most recent book?(any book you like)

Blake Lively would be a perfect Ianthe. Ian Somerhalder as Zander would be amazing.

Do you write full-time or part-time?

Part-time. 

What is the hardest thing about writing?

The first draft. It is the part where you have nothing to work with. At every other stage you at least have words to look at and improve.

Any tips on how to get through the dreaded Writer’s block?

Music and Pinterest.

Do you read much, and if so who are your favorite Authors or genres?

A. I love to read! I read romance and sometimes horror. Discovering new authors is awesome. Loranne Dohner and Linda Kage are two off the top of my head that I have read just about every book they’ve written. 

Is there anything else you would like to add that I haven’t included?

The man who invented the Pringles can had his ashes buried in one when he died in 2008. Weird trivia, I’m overflowing with it.
How can Readers discovery more about you and your work?(please provide proper links)

http://www.bridgetblackwood.com

Thank you very much for taking the time out of your busy schedule to take part in this interview 

No comments:

Post a Comment