Tuesday 7 March 2017

My Interview with Author Bree Pierce


When did you first realize you wanted to become a Writer/author?

I’ve been writing short stories and poetry since I was a small child.  I suppose you could say that I’ve always wanted to be an author.

Where do you get your ideas for your book?

I get inspiration from various places.  Sometimes I will dream something and that will end up being a book I write.  At the moment, there are at least a few of my published works are from dreams.  I also find inspiration in brainstorming and just talking about books with my husband.

What kind of things do you enjoy when not writing?

Reading, of course, photography, cooking, and art.  I also enjoy spending lots of time with my family.

How many books have you written? Which is your favorite?

I have 8 novellas, 3 short novels, 3 short stories, 3 novelettes, and 4 anthologies that are of my novellas and such.  I’m not sure I have a favorite.  They all spoke to me, but in different ways.

Do you have any suggestions to help others who have a passion for writing?

Don’t give up and keep on writing.  Giving up on a dream means you will always have a piece of you missing.  And continuing to write will only mean you will hone your craft more and more as time goes by.  Practice really does make perfect.  Things are always changing too, so always keep learning.

What do you think makes a great story?

Well that depends on if you’re asking my opinion or in general.  To me, I love conflicted/ afflicted characters.  They’re interesting because they’re harder to figure out and they always surprise you.  I love a good plot too.  

Which Writer/Authors inspire you?

My main one has always been Jane Austen.  I loved her books the moment I picked them up and I still do.  She was a woman ahead of her time.  But there are those that have also influenced me that live in modern times.  Erica Stevens is the reason I decided to give a go at paranormal.  My friendship with other authors has been of great inspiration to me as well. 

What are you working on at the moment?(optional)

Several things actually.  My last book in the Cain, The Immortal Series will be releasing March 31st, the Cain, The Immortal Series Anthology will release April 14th, and I have two current work-in-progresses that I have yet to unveil.

What genre are your books?

It depends on which one you’re looking at.  I write primarily paranormal romance.  However, I do have some mafia romance works out, one angsty romance novella, and more of an erotic romance novella as well.

What drew you to the genre you write?

There is just something about the paranormal world that I find fascinating.  Perhaps it’s because the creatures within it have talents and powers that normal humans do not.  However, I genre jump and love it.  It helps my creative process.

Which Actor/Actress would you like to see portraying the lead character from your most recent book?(any book you like)

I’m thinking a blond Gal Gadot for Christine from the Cain, The Immortal Series and Colin Farrell as the immortal Cain.

Do you write full-time or part-time?

Well, I’m a mom and wife full time so I suppose part time.

What is the hardest thing about writing?

For me personally, it’s finding the time.  There are days that I just don’t have time to sit down and write.  And I usually like to do that when I have some peace and quiet, which is far and few inbetween at my house.  If I am trying to edit my works, I absolutely have to have some quiet time so I can focus.  It can be challenging.

Any tips on how to get through the dreaded Writer’s block?

You can always put it to the side for a bit and try to work through it with a little R & R.  Or you can try to write through it.  Try some word sprints or something of the sort.

Do you read much, and if so who are your favorite Authors or genres?

I am a big paranormal romance fan, but I also love historical fiction/romance.  There are way too many authors whose books would fit into this category so I just cannot name them all.

Is there anything else you would like to add that I haven’t included?

How can Readers discover more about you and your work?(please provide proper links)

Twitter https://twitter.com/authorbpierce
Amazon https://www.amazon.com/Bree-Pierce/e/B00WH6ZUK0/ref=sr_ntt_srch_lnk_1?qid=1488921029&sr=8-1
Facebook https://www.facebook.com/Bree-Pierce-Author-1543845225902003/
Bree Pierce Book Club https://www.facebook.com/groups/771414936327248/
Goodreads https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/12611858.Bree_Pierce
Newsletter http://eepurl.com/bIyyB1
Email authorbreepierce@gmail.com

Thank you very much for taking the time out of your busy schedule to take part in this interview 😊

1 comment:

  1. Bree's books are great! I love how I can get lost for a while in the story. Her characters feel "real" to me and that is always a a sign of a brilliant author. Everyone needs to read her books.

    ReplyDelete