Thursday 9 March 2017

My Interview with Author Ava Vixion


  1. When did you first realize you wanted to become a Writer/author?
It must’ve been in third grade. It was a toss up between writing books and becoming a veterinarian. Funny enough, I ended up going to school to become a vet, before I pursued my writing endeavors. 

  1. Where do you get your ideas for your book?
Random things I see, or hear. I could listen to a piece of music and a story or character will burst into my head and shout, “Heeeeey! It’s time to write my story, lady!” 

​2)​ 
What kind of things do you enjoy when not writing?
I’m an avid hiker and photographer. I have a photography company that specializes in landscape art. Other than that, just goofing off with my family and planning the next big event at the Vixion abode. 

​3) ​
How many books have you written? Which is your favorite?
To date, thirteen. I have a few I haven’t published yet. As far as my favorite, well I’ll admit that’s a tough call. I would’ve said DARKEST BEFORE DAWN, the first book in the LEAGUE OF GUARDIANS series, but I think it’s a tie between CRYSTALLINE DREAMS (the third book in the series) and my urban fantasy THEY ALL FALL DOWN.

​4) ​
Do you have any suggestions to help others who have a passion for writing?
Writing is an emotional and tumultuous journey. Just when you want to give up, ask yourself why? 9 times out of 10 it’s because YOU don’t believe in yourself. Take that negative thinking and stuff it in a closet until you’ve finish your story. Personally, I left mine locked in a box, buried deep in the mountains long ago. If you don’t believe in yourself and your abilities, don’t hesitate to ask for help, and be willing to accept help and helpful critiquing when necessary.
  1. ​5) ​
    What do you think makes a great story?
Believable characters, vivid descriptions, easy to follow storyline, and authentic dialogue. 

​6) ​
Which Writer/Authors inspire you?
Oh there’s a bunch to be honest. Steven King, as a horror fan, the man is my idle. J R Ward, with her evocative storytelling and scene descriptions, one cannot help but to fall in love with her books. Lara Adrian, Larissa Ione, and Shayla Black who, truth be told gave me the best advice when I first started out on this writing journey professionally, and I’m eternally grateful to her for it.… what can I say? They write the steamy fun stuff I can’t get enough of. And just a little FYI, I've had the pleasure of meeting a few of these ladies, and they are truly phenomenal women. 

  1. ​7) ​
    What are you working on at the moment?(optional)
Well, I recently finished up the last book in the Reaper series, Reaper’s Vengeance, and what an emotional ride that was! Currently, I’m working on the fourth book in the LEAGUE OF GUARDIANS series, Avenging The Night.  

 ​8) ​What genre are your books?
Mainly dark (and sexy) Paranormal Romance and Urban Fantasy 

  1. What drew you to the genre you write?
I love reading it, I love everything about paranormal and supernatural elements. Whether I’m reading it or writing it, it’s an escape for me. And who wouldn’t love to play with Grim Reapers and Angels!

  1. Which Actor/Actress would you like to see portraying the lead character from your most recent book?(any book you like)
Oh this is a tough one! I think if I were to cast for any book, it’d be for RISING SUN (the second book in the LEAGUE OF GUARDIANS series). I could see Jonathan Rhyes Meyers as Ashe, and Teresa Palmer as Bels, the Angel of the Moon. 
  1. Do you write full-time or part-time?
I write full time now. 

  1. What is the hardest thing about writing?
Timing. Seems there’s never enough time to get out everything you want to write on any particular day, and finding time when your family life is swirling all around you. 

  1. Any tips on how to get through the dreaded Writer’s block?
Write….write some more, write until the block breaks. Oh and music. Sometimes changing up your playlist helps. 
  1. Do you read much, and if so who are your favorite Authors or genres?
I’m a ravenous reader. I love reading Dean Kootz, JR Ward, Larissa Ione, Lara Adrian, Shayla Black, George R. R, Martin, Tish Thawer, Mary Ting, Jamie McGuire, the l its could go on and on!
  1. Is there anything else you would like to add that I haven’t included?
Oh well I’m a world class singer, but only in the shower, I’ve hiked well over a few thousand miles in the last five years from coast to coast. I love collecting wine and rarely pass up a nice cigar. As I write this, my cat is staring at me, a bit perturb that I kicked her out of the chair. If an animal can give you a hairy eye, it’s this feline. 

  1. How can Readers discovery more about you and your work?(please provide proper links)
Tumblr: https:www.avavixion.tumblr.com
Flickr: https:www.flickr.com/avavixion


Thank you very much for taking the time out of your busy schedule to take part in this interview 

No comments:

Post a Comment