Wednesday 8 March 2017

My Interview with Author AJ Storm


1. When did you first realize you wanted to become a Writer/author?
 
         I have always had the ability to express myself well on paper. Four years ago, another author encouraged me to take a snippet I had written and turn it into a novel. When I did, I was hooked.

2. Where do you get your ideas for your book?

       The voices of my characters live in my head and speak to me telling me their stories. I listen to them and follow their suggestions.

 

3. What kind of things do you enjoy when not writing?

         Playing with my grandkids, walking with my 2 yr. old lab, watching TV, and reading, reading, reading.

 

4. How many books have you written? Which is your favorite?

          I've written and published 7 books.
My favorite is a tie between Fortune's Eyes and Right of Passion. Fortune's Eyes takes place in NOLA and is a murder/mystery and ROP is the second book of my Passion's Ride series.
 

5. Do you have any suggestions to help others who have a passion for writing?

        Just do it and then do it again. Keep writing and write about what you love. Always be open to learning your craft and practice your skills. Talk with other authors.

 

6. What do you think makes a great story?

           If I knew that, I'd be on the USA Today's best seller list. 
I think for an author, it's knowing your subject and feeling the passion and emotions of the story. It's writing what you love and holds your interest. The art of making your characters charismatic enough to pull the reader inside their hearts and minds is essential.
  
 

7. Which Writer/Authors inspire you?

         JR Ward, Cherise Sinclair, Laura Adrian, Faith Gibson, Thia Finn...
There are so many out there that I love reading...no way I can list them all.

 

8. What are you working on at the moment?(optional)

I just finished an erotic paranormal/sci-fi book called The Blood Rose.  I had fun with this one. It takes place in France.

 

9. What genre are your books?

           They are all erotic romance but are in different genres such as sci-fi, paranormal, murder/mystery, women's fiction, BDSM

 

10. What drew you to the genre you write?

       I've always loved vampires since I was a child. It pulled me to write paranormal.

 

11. Which Actor/Actress would you like to see portraying the lead character from your most recent book?(any book you like)

            I would love to see Tom Ellis (Lucifer) play the part of Damian. He was always in my head as I wrote it. For the female lead, it would be Stana Katic from Castle.

 

12. Do you write full-time or part-time?

             Full-time

13. What is the hardest thing about writing?

           Not taking everything so personal. It's hard to separate yourself from the books...they are our babies.

 

14. Any tips on how to get through the dreaded Writer’s block?

       The only thing that has worked for me is to totally walk away from writing for a brief time. I either read another author or I immerse myself in music. Then when the characters talk again, I'm ready.

 

15. Do you read much, and if so who are your favorite Authors or genres?

         I read a lot. Faith Gibson, Thia Finn, Ray Sostre, Debbie Zello, Al Daltrey, Helena Hunting, Di Anne Sandvick, JR Ward, JS Underdown, Ethan Radcliff, Chris Genovese, and so many more.

 

16. Is there anything else you would like to add that I haven’t included?

          Not that I can think of....you've hit it all😊

 

17. How can Readers discovery more about you and your work?(please provide proper links)


Instagram.com/authorajstorm

Twitter.com/ajstorm684

FB author page  https://www.facebook.com/pages/Author-AJ-Storm/1416193368596560?ref=bookmarks

https://www.facebook.com/groups/985590544796226/


Amazon author page:
http://goo.gl/315UiE

   My 7 books are listed there
         The Blood Rose
         Emily's Passion
         Right of Passion
         Dark Strangers
         Alexander's Story
         The Power of Two
         Fortune's Eyes

No comments:

Post a Comment