Sunday 19 March 2017

My Interview with Author Adele Hart


When did you first realize you wanted to become a Writer/author?

First, I’d like to thank you so very much for featuring me! I’m honored. 
I think I always knew on some level that I wanted to write. My mind wanders a lot to little fantasies when I’m out for a walk, or cleaning the house. It took me a LONG time to find the courage to act on it, but now that I’ve put out my first few books, and people are actually reading them, and enjoying the, I’m so glad I did!

Where do you get your ideas for your book?

Ha! That’s a loaded question to ask a writer of super dirty books. The characters and stories just kind of come to me, I guess. I think about heroes that I could fall in love with, and then what type of girl would be good for them. 

What kind of things do you enjoy when not writing?

Reading is my number one favorite thing to do. I have my nose in a book, every chance I get. I also love watching movies, especially romantic comedies. 

How many books have you written? Which is your favorite?

I’ve written seven books so far. Wow! That sounds like a lot to me. I can’t choose a favorite, to be honest. I think it’s probably whichever one I’m working on that I love the most in that moment. 

Do you have any suggestions to help others who have a passion for writing?

I’d say just go for it. Try not to over-think the whole thing. You have a story to tell and no one else can write it the way you would. 

What do you think makes a great story?

I’d say characters I can cheer for, and fall in love with. Give me a sexy man who knows how to treat a lady right, and I’ll be happy.  

Which Writer/Authors inspire you?

SO many. I grew up on Danielle Steel, and still love her books. E.L. James, J. Kenner, and on the sweeter side, I love Kristin Higgins. 

What are you working on at the moment?(optional)

Right now, I’m writing a book about a sexy pilot who gets stranded on an island in the Caribbean with a young woman who’s on her way to her sister’s wedding. It’s a ridiculously fun story to write.

What genre are your books?

I write VERY steamy contemporary romance short reads. 

What drew you to the genre you write?

The world is so serious these days, and I wanted to so something to offer women a much-needed escape. All my books are fast, fun, and filthy. They’re stand-alone, complete stories told fast. Happily ever afters and nothing dark or ugly. No cheating, no BDSM, no abuse. Just light, love-at-first-sight, sexy and sweet stories. 

Which Actor/Actress would you like to see portraying the lead character from your most recent book? (any book you like)

Tricky one. The pilot is a bit older, so I’m thinking some super sexy guy like James Marsden. He has such a youthful way about him, you’d never realize he’s over forty. And that smile… oh, Lordy! 

Do you write full-time or part-time?

I write part-time, because I have three kids that need most of my time. Writing is a perfect fit for me because I can work on it whenever I get the time/wherever I am. 

What is the hardest thing about writing?

The hardest thing is to find the courage to put yourself out there. You work so hard on the stories and when you put them out, you just hold your breath and hope that people will like them. So far, so good!

Any tips on how to get through the dreaded Writer’s block?

I’m a pretty new writer, so I haven’t had to deal with this yet. I once read an interview with another writer who said that she just goes for a long walk, then the ideas start flowing again. I hope I’ll be that lucky!

Do you read much, and if so who are your favorite Authors or genres?

I read as much as I can – all things romance. Lately, I’m really into shorter reads, because of having three busy kids, and trying to start my own career as a writer. 

Is there anything else you would like to add that I haven’t included?

No. 

How can Readers discovery more about you and your work?(please provide proper links)

I’d love to hear from your readers! I promise I’ll show you a good time!  

Instagram https://www.instagram.com/adelehartbooks
Twitter: https://twitter.com/adelehartbooks
Facebook http://bit.ly/adelehartbooks
website www.adelehart.com
ARC Team Link https://goo.gl/forms/TYwOIoKmGYRBDfaU2

Thank you very much for taking the time out of your busy schedule to take part in this interview 

No comments:

Post a Comment